Alletec helps UK based Actis LLP establish their Data Strategy and leverage Microsoft Data Analytics
About the Client
- ACTIS LLP (ACTIS) is recognized as a leading private equity investor in emerging markets and has been investing exclusively in these markets for nearly 60 years. ACTIS has its presence in over 20+ countries across the globe.
- ACTIS operates via a centralized back-office, with this team churning out more than 800 reports on a Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Year and an Annual basis to the Board, Senior Management and Investors.
- Reporting requires compilation of data from all organizational functions: Funds, Finance, Operations, HR etc.
- Multiple disjoint business applications used across the organization make this Reporting highly complex and time consuming.
- Develop a ‘Data’ strategy with the Actis Business and IT stakeholders, in line with the Business and Financial KPIs – storage, compilation, slicing and dicing, visualization being the key aspects
- Architect an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) using Microsoft Technologies like SQL and Azure – build complex cubes getting data from the backend Dynamics ERP.
- Build a seamless data integration layer from the ERP to the EDW – utilizing off peak business hours
- Use SSRS and Power BI to build the needed visualizations and complex data calculations.