Global Mobile VAS Provider Integrates Operations and Overrides Acquisition Complexities through AX Deployment
About the Client
- The company is a well known Global mobile technology infrastructure and value-added services provider to various mobile operators, enterprises and media companies. It has global presence across Asia, Europe, America and Middle East.
- The company works with over 100 Blue-chip companies and its services reach over 900 million people in over 60 countries worldwide.
- Its experience in deploying network based mobility solutions and providing specifically tailored enterprise solutions positions it as the leading player in Open Mobile Market.
- To sustain its increasing customer base and preserve its leadership position in the mobile market the company realized the need of a robust business solution that supports scalability, tracking of critical data, vendor management and enables them to keep up with the ever changing market trends.
- Working with Microsoft Gold Competency Partner All e Technologies (Alletec), the company implemented Microsoft Dynamics AX and optimized its key business processes.
The company is a global provider of content and mobile solutions to operators, enterprises and media. To sustain in the ever-so-dynamic mobility industry, the company took a strategic decision and acquired a U.K. based mobile and wireless data services company. In the process the company was exposed to several challenges. Some of the challenges included:
- Financial Management: was using various applications for GL, AR, AP and Bank as their back office system. No consolidated view of the overall financials state of the company. Taxation (Service Tax) was complex due to manual management.
- Keeping track of critical information related to their business like no. of customer downloads, customers’ usage pattern, outsourced content, etc.
- Fixed Assets (Servers in this case) management: Servers are either capitalized or sold to customers after value addition by the company. The entire workflow from purchase order generation to moving the stock in the inventory to selling required constant tracking. Management of contract with different service & content providers and keeping track of billings and due payments.
Management of operations at the newly acquired company.