Heavy lifting & Engineered Transport Giant overcomes growth complexities through global enterprise solution
About the Client
- A worldwide leader in heavy lifting and engineered transport, with a strong activity growth in newly developed markets, was facing decline in its equipment rental business and delays in the project segment.
- With a strong presence in 50 countries and a network of over 150 individual entities across the world managed by close to 3000 employees; the annual turnover had grown to over Euro 420 million.
- The company was also expanding its fleet of operations to the high growth, high margin regions besides huge investments to its equipment fleet. However, its existing systems were inadequate to manage the volume of growth the business was experiencing, which was evident from decline in repeat business and operating profit.
- It needed an effective enterprise solution, customized to regional requirements that could support its global presence and prepare the entities for the projected growth especially in the projects business (heavy duty equipments).
The business growth & geographic expansion of the company resulted in issues & complexities that didn’t exist at a smaller size. The management was quick to diagnose that the enterprise required a more robust ERP system, which could meet its global needs. Here are some key issues the company had aimed to fix with a world class ERP:
- Global presence made multiple legal entities a necessity. The inevitable currency & language differences across diverse geographies complicated the management of international business operations.
- Acquisitions worth over EUR 120 million required equipment to be made available to the newly developed operations. The absence of an integrated fixed asset management system led to ineffective decisions related to fleet management including purchase, movement or disposal of equipment.
- Project Management was complicated & required streamlining of quotationcreation-expenses-invoicing cycle.