Industrial Components Distributor Automates Sales Force and Tightens Lead Management through CRM Solution
About the Client
- A reputed market leader in high-service distribution of Industrial products – the company is known in the market for fulfilling small volume needs for a wide range of electrical, electronic, mechanical, test & measurement and automation products for various businesses around the world. Its products are used by Research & Development, Maintenance and Prototype development engineers in multiple domains across industries.
- Global operations spanning across 32 nations, it distributes over 3,50,000 electronic, electrical and industrial products from over 2000 top brands of the world.
- After a careful assessment of a number of CRM solutions & vendors, the company selected Microsoft Dynamics CRM as the solution & Alletec as its implementation partner. It expected to automate its sales force besides streamlining enquiry processing & order fulfillment procedures through CRM implementation.
Pan-India operations & tremendous business potential generated the need for a common communication platform for sales team. Lack of effective information sharing between departments was leading to poor coordination – resulting in operational inefficiencies:
- Incoming queries to CEP (Central Enquiry Processing) were segmented and allocated to the concerned department. Delays in resolution were leading to accumulation of a large number of pending enquiries which were difficult to track. This further led to prolonged enquiry to quote & quote to order cycles.
- Inadequate top-down visibility into sales activity & unstructured quote creation & approval procedures prevented accurate win-loss analysis and led to uninformed decision making.
- Insufficient proactive and informed customer engagement efforts led to missing cross sell & up sell opportunities.