Online Travel Company Integrates Operations and Increases Employee Productivity
About the Client
- MakeMyTrip.com (MMT) was launched in the year 2000 to address the booming ‘USA – India’ air travel market. Since then the company has been growing at a fast pace and has emerged as the largest online travel company in India with a robust offl ine presence.
- MMT launched its domesti c Indian oper ati ons in the y ear 2005 – which became an instant hit. The company controls almost 50% share of the online travel business in India today and is expected to achieve gross bookings of U.S. $500 million during the fiscal year 2009 – 2010.
- MMT needed to integrate the diverse aspects of its rapidly growing business operati ons. The c ompany wanted an integrated soft w are soluti on that would streamline business processes, integrate with diverse systems and scale to meet its expansion needs.
The MMT management very quickly realized that an effi cient business applicati on w as going to be the lifeline for an online travel company experiencing rapid growth:
- Although an extremely tech savvy and technology driven business from the ti me of its incepti on, coping up with huge surge in business volumes, was a challenge
- Need of ti ght integrati on between front, mid, and back offi ce functi ons was a core necessity
- Given the huge transacti on volumes, transacti on tracking and reconciliati on was becoming an ever increasing challenge