MPS Group kick-starts retail business – ties up with Alletec for ERP solution
About the Client
- MPS Group – a large conglomerate with operations spanning diverse lines of business– was planning to venture into the retail industry.
- Already acquainted with the nuances of starting and running several businesses, the management at MPS envisaged the need for a retail solution, right from day one, to ensure smooth and efficient operations at MPS Retail & Fast Food.
- The tie-up not only gave MPS a solution – LS Retail – up and running from day one of their setup, but also resulted into an enduring & valuable association for both.
The MPS group was in a phase of strategic expansion with plans to launch a retail store chain – MPS Retail & Fast Food. The management foresaw the challenges likely to surface in the absence of a suitable retail solution. These included:
- Inability to track stock position & sales statistics at store level
- Non utilization of shelf data in performing demand analysis and forecasting – hindering ideation of effective discount schemes
- Unnecessary lag in stock replenishment due to time-taking manual practice