Somany Gets Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Operational Homogeneity & Better Control
About the Client
- Somany, the seller of the highest quality of ceramic and vitrified tiles is amongst the front runner in the Indian tiles sector.
- Prior to implementation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, the annual turnover of Somany was Rs. 2452 million in FY 06 which has grown to Rs. 11085 million in FY 13.
- While Somany moved towards an exciting phase of expansion and growth; came the moment of truth. The management realized that while the business was scaling up, their legacy system lacked the capability to match the growth. This put forth the dire need for a robust & integrated business solution.
The most critical pain areas that needed to be addressed were:
- Somany had 2 plants & 22 depots pan-India. The two plants, all the depots and offices maintained their separate accounts which were manually consolidated at the year end – making the process troublesome & time taking.
- Decentralized financials kept the management oblivious of whether a dealer has exceeded his credit limit or not – at times resulting in dispatches to dealers with unsettled dues. Tracking of receivables and the ageing of those receivables was therefore a challenge.
- There was no visibility into the level of inventory across various depots – making it difficult to decide where to dispatch from in case of stock out – thus increasing transportation costs and delaying consignments.