Over the past decade, a significant development has been observed in the field of Digital technology. It is transforming the world around us, impacting businesses of all sizes and every industry. Business no longer happens in one place and customer expectations and engagement are changing. There has never been a better time to embrace technologies that change the way organizations manage their operations, connect with customers and drive their business growth. Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a set of business applications that are fundamentally changing how organizations work and we’re very excited to introduce our newest addition to the portfolio Dynamics 365 Business Central. It is designed specifically for organizations to bring in and integrate business process faster, make business decisions quicker and connect with their customers in real time.
Business Central is a complete service across the spectrum of business processes for marketing, sales service, operations and finance. It’s easy to approach and adopt and yet it’s full features and very deep and rich for the customers. They need to trust in the solution of their business depends on.
The Dynamics 365 Business Central is the next generation of Dynamics NAV for the age of Digital Transformation but over 20 years of experience and hundreds of thousands of customers sold worldwide and millions of users, this is the perfect platform.
Offering terrific value to its users Dynamics 365 business Central brings the full power of Dynamics NAV to the cloud. Promising features like Business without silos, Solution built to evolve and Actionable insights, of Dynamics Business central, is what makes it tempting to adopt.
Already released in 16 countries- United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, and Finland, Australia, New Zealand, it will be sold only through Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) partners.
Offering more than any other basic ERP solution Dynamics Business Central uses pre-built applications, available through AppSource marketplace, to easily and cost-effectively extend your solution. It can easily be integrated with other Microsoft cloud services including office 365 and it can also be customized or extended for specific industry needs with PowerApps, Microsoft flow, and Power BI.
Some key points you need to know about Dynamics 365 business Central:
- Featuring full functionality of Dynamics NAV – the all-new Dynamics 365 Business Central is the end to end business management cloud solution is the expansion of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Business edition adding full capabilities of Dynamics NAV.
- Enabling its users to leverage the whole Microsoft stack. Seamless integration to all Microsoft ecosystem of solutions – PowerApps, Power BI, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Flow, Cortana, and more will boost its productivity.
- Being the cloud upgrade of Dynamics NAV – moving from Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central will just feel like any other software upgrade.
- Connected with Common Data Service (CDS) the flow and synchronization of data between apps and systems will become easier. This will also reduce the redundant approach to storing the data multiple times for different applications instead the Business Central will use a single repository of data for multiple apps.
- With the help of tenant extensions, the partners will be able to develop more tailored and fit-to-need, customizations themselves without altering the original code in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- The Appsource will become a more valuable marketing tool for Microsoft partners than before. They will not only be able to include the apps and extensions but also consulting services. Users will be able to access all AppSource content through their Business Central platform.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Pricing Scheme
There will be two price points:
Dynamics 365 Business Central Essentials
Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium
Dynamics 365 Business Central Essential includes:
-> Financial Management
Including workflows, general ledger and audit traits, bank management, deferrals, bank reconciliation, budgets, dimensions, fixed assets, and currencies
-> Customer Relationship Management
Including contracts, opportunity management, campaigns, and built-in integrations with Dynamics 365 for Sales
-> Supply Chain Management
Including sales order management, basic receivables, purchase order management, locations, transfers, and basic warehousing
-> Human Resources
Including employees and management of their expenses
-> Project Management
Including resources, estimates, jobs, and time sheets
Including extended text, Intrastat reporting, multiple languages, scheduled tasks, reason codes, and integration of Outlook
Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium includes:
The following functionalities are in addition to what’s offered in Essential:
-> Service Order Management
Including service orders, service price management, service item management, service contract management, planning, and dispatching
Including agile manufacturing, basic supply planning, production orders, version management, machine centers, demand forecasting, capacity planning, and finite loading, bringing the full breadth of the popular Dynamics NAV application to the cloud.
Now, many of the NAV users might wonder “What will it take to migrate to Dynamics 365 Business Central?” or “How will I take all my existing NAV customizations to Business Central?”. Taking in focus the issues and needs of our customers, we have developed a Customization Detection Tool (CDT) to help out the NAV user community in seamless transmission to Business Central. This tool will help them in understanding the amount of efforts required in the migration process, by giving them an analysis and detailed report of the compatibility of their current customizations in NAV.