Microsoft Power Platform
Business Data has never been so easy to UnderstandIntegrateAct
Digital Transformation brought by the ‘everything connected’ paradigm, the mountains of data generated, availability of powerful algorithms, limitless infrastructure, and modern data visualization tools have given rise to what is beginning to be known as – Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS).
The Microsoft Power Platform is a PaaS that enables organizations to:
- Build applications iteratively
- Provision app software instantly
- Scale apps on-demand, and
- Integrate with other services
The Microsoft Power Platform includes – Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Common Data Service (CDS). The Power Platform is a purpose-built PAAS with the following objectives:
- Gain insight into your business data (Analyze)
- Use business insights to design intelligent business workflows through apps (Act)
- Automate the Business Processes (Automate)
Advantages of Power Platform
Rapidly creates custom, containerized, no-code / low-code applications that meet different business and user group needs. These apps can be customized to work on both desktops and mobile devices.
Bring data from all your sources from every eco-system into one powerful platform. There is no need for custom components for these integrations. Moreover, you can make this data available to any other application.
Leverage the powerful Azure cloud to integrate and bring all your apps on the powerful cloud platform for stability, security, and scalability.
Power BI is the most powerful data analysis and presentation tool ever built, which integrates data from all your sources, turns them into meaningful information, and presents them into easy to comprehend infographic formats. PowerBI brings your data to life, makes it easy to understand, and guides your team towards actionable information.
- It transforms your data into stunning visuals and enables information sharing across devices and platforms.
- Visual UI to enhance data analysis experience in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Advanced collaborative reports and dashboards for great teamwork.
PowerApps give your team the liberty to customize and design goal-specific applications to meet your business needs. These applications can be designed for both desktop and mobile environments and use the powerful Azure cloud to manage data and user traffic of all sizes.
These Apps are purpose-built and are of two types
- Canvas Apps – Empowers you to build simple apps to automate processes and workflows with simple drag and drop UI based application builder. Anyone in your organization can use the app builder even without any technical knowledge or expertise.
- Model-Driven Apps – If your business needs a customized application to streamline workflow or a process, Model-Driven Apps are built to fill in such data gaps.
Power Automate is the business automation module of the Power Platform, which integrates all your business applications across all platforms into one integrated system using Automated Workflows.
Common Data Service (CDS)
Power BI, Apps & Automate use Microsoft’s Common Data Services(CDS) to handle cross platform data. The CDS is a cloud-based tool on Microsoft Azure, which allows you to store and manage your data on the cloud. Data stored in CDS is saved within a set of entities, and these entities can be used either in their standard form or can be custom built to meet your organizational needs. CDS offers rich customization, business logic, and management capabilities to enhance your organizational efficiency.